Saturday, April 24, 2010

Leaving Brunei

Upon reaching the Departure Area, read on the Flight Status display. Find which code (there is only A or B as your choice) is you flight. If you believe that it is your time to do the check-in but your destination is not yet displayed in counter, ask the desk officer and they will let you check-in and give you the proper boarding pass. Prepare 5BND for the Brunei travel tax. After the Immigration, this is the first airport I have seen to be using Machine Readable passport (too bad, mine is only the maroon biometric passport). If you still have spare time, roam around the airport - there are restaurants, coffee shop and souvenir shops.

There are also television sets attached on the walls for entertainment. There are only 8 gates in the departure area, where gates 6-8 are on a separate area, so be careful to proceed further until you see the actual Gate 8 (Air Asia AK6213). This is my first flight with Air Asia, for those who are traveling, if you have a hand-carry baggage then be sure to follow the allowed size and weight. Upon boarding, you will be directed to place your bag/luggage to the weighing scale - it be fitted in the container and weighing equal or less than the designated weight.

To the travelers, please bring enough money if you believe you will have excess baggage or better yet, just travel light and buy things that is just enough to fit your hand carry bag.

My flight back to KK was delayed for almost an hour, but all is well.

Thank you to the driver who have been helpful in my hotel-airport transfer, the Jubilee front-desk attendees, Filipinos in the Thai Restaurant and Souvenir shop in Yayasan Complex.

As my new “thing to do” while traveling, while I make an opportunity for myself to see a foreign place, I’ll try to carry Philippines with me for them to see it too. Below is the first Philippine postcard I left in a hotel where I stayed - as a token of my appreciation to the room keeper who makes my stay comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Apologies for the signatures on the photos, it was tagged as -taiwan, where it should be -brunei.

    You may also visit my Taiwan blog @ http://ruffeecola-in-taiwan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my travel tales! I'm a backpacker in Philippines and suitcase traveler in Asia. Love checking low fares and hotel hunting and mostly stay in the middle of the road. Addict in planning and sorting itineraries. Collection includes: paper bills, maps, photos, postcards, stamps and Starbucks mug. Travelling with Nikon D40 and Nikon J1. You can send in your questions about the places I've been to on my email address. Thanks!