Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Flight

Flight from KK to BSB almost took less than 45 minutes. During the flight, I have been given the Arrival Card Information and Health Card declaration - you should be completing these cards prior to the landing. Before I reached the Immigration counter, I was welcomed by three ladies and submitted to then the Health card. As part of the ASEAN, Philippines passport holders does not need VISA and can stay as tourist in Brunei for 14 days.

After the Immigration, you will immediately notice the Foreign Money Exchange counter on the left hand-side. (Tip: You should have decided as to how much you will spend for the trip. Also, the foreign exchange service from Brunei Dollars back to Peso is available in all SM Malls.)

Beyond the exit point is the waiting area for the drivers of the airport transport and cabs. I’m not able to find my name from them, but tried to ask them on who knew the driver from Jubilee Hotel. And viola! I was able to find him. (He is making chika with other drivers.)

While waiting for the other travelers, I looked for the Tourism Booth where I took a map and few magazines on what to see on Brunei or Sabah. We were only three persons who were picked-up going to the hotel.

On the road, we passed by Jame’ Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque, their night market, and Pusat Belia (cheaper dormitory for students and travelers). I noticed that there are only few buses (service is from 6am - 6pm) and read somewhere that only 40 taxis are operating in BSB. I have a seen a number of Mazda 5 on the road.

The weather is gloomy, cloudy at times. Trees and plants are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my travel tales! I'm a backpacker in Philippines and suitcase traveler in Asia. Love checking low fares and hotel hunting and mostly stay in the middle of the road. Addict in planning and sorting itineraries. Collection includes: paper bills, maps, photos, postcards, stamps and Starbucks mug. Travelling with Nikon D40 and Nikon J1. You can send in your questions about the places I've been to on my email address. Thanks!