Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unexpected City Tour in 15 minutes

Upon leaving the hotel for my flight back to KK, I was joined by the other 2 hotel guests that requested to be dropped off to Muzium Brunei. It was located on the opposite direction of the city and off-road to the airport, at first I’m afraid that I maybe late on my flight, but it turned out to be a good journey. During this few minutes on the road, I suddenly had an unplanned city tour. I’m able to have a quick chat with the driver, and what I learned from this?
  • The only product of Brunei is oil.
  • The long structures on Kampung Ayer are schools. Each water village has it’s own school.
  • Across the Chinese Temple, walk a little further and you will see the day market.
  • When you go further the Museum, you will see another day market and behind it is a Catholic Church.
  • The Parliament Building is painted with white and has a blue dome - looks like another mosque.
  • Nearby the Parliament Building is the Finance Building, so far the highest normal building (not mosque) in Brunei.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my travel tales! I'm a backpacker in Philippines and suitcase traveler in Asia. Love checking low fares and hotel hunting and mostly stay in the middle of the road. Addict in planning and sorting itineraries. Collection includes: paper bills, maps, photos, postcards, stamps and Starbucks mug. Travelling with Nikon D40 and Nikon J1. You can send in your questions about the places I've been to on my email address. Thanks!